Monday, July 14, 2008

One of my favorite things to say...

is "I hate my life!"

Not that there's any real validity to the statement being that I DO like living, and that my life in particular isn't as bad as I portray it. It's more of a quote I like to say in reference to a bad day, a bad moment, or a form of comic relief among close friends, most especially Tuffie. And after reading his latest blog, it's safe to say he's chanting this quote as we speak.

To ease the blow of a bad weekend, I propose this song by the lovely Miss Des'ree released in 98 which was a huge hit in Europe and garnered her the BRIT Award in 99 for the Best Female Solo Artist category. In contrast, she was voted in 07 as worst pop lyricist of all time for the same song according to a BBC Radio poll, which I couldn't disagree more (apparently these people haven't paid particular attention to the lyrics of Band Aid's Christmas song "Do they Know It's Christmas?", eh Diarist?).

The Calypso Jazz upbeat song isn't lyrically genius, but more of a simple telling of one's experiences and confessions. I like it cause it's fun and it makes light of the subject, that we're in charge of whatever outcome there is for every action that we make and the particular risks that we take. So to Tuffie, sorry bout work sucking infinitely hard this past weekend (truly I am), but like we've always known, that's "Life".

3 comments:

Tuffie said...

yeah, i started playing it and was like

what

the fuck

this isn't the LP version, which is flawless

this is some crappy Russian remix

to which i say BOO!

but thanks loves, the gods only know how much i miss and need you and Luis to be living back in DC/near me.

o_O

Basilio Bocalan said...

It's TOTALLY all about the LP version!

But IMEEM gives me this crappy 30 sec preview whenever I use the LP...I guess if you wants to OG version you'll have to go on IMEEM.

And yes, we're all long due for a reunion!!!

Hang in there, won't be long before we're all together again!

FRIENDSHIP!

Basilio Bocalan said...

Original is ON!!!