Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Something To Remember (Brett)

Prologue:

Fueled by a song posted on my bff’s recent blog, I was inspired to write, in chronological order, my world of dating. This will include the ex-factor, insight to the mistakes I’ve made, and confessions of the heart.

I’m hoping that through these series my small number of readers will be able to reflect on their past loves and see if they can relate to a certain degree. Or perhaps some will feel that they’re not the only one’s who have gone through the often harrowing experience of being broken hearted.

If nothing else, hopefully this will give all who reads “Something to Remember".

-B


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was not prepared when I fell in love for the first time. Then again, nobody really is. The problem is that my inexperienced heart didn’t know how to direct my clueless mind as to what actions to take when someone has slowly lost interest in me.

At first it was hot and heavy, as most first connections go. Then like it happens sometimes one drifts away from the euphoria while the other immerses themselves deeper into it. The flags were raised, the horns were blown, the alarms went off, but rather than to face what was real in obvious light, I chose to ignore in favor of pretend. Well, not so much pretend, but more hoping in vain.

I made myself believe that I was in fact dating, when truth is it was merely a happenstance for him, and I was left to imagining. He wasn’t as in to me as he was in the beginning as I still was. He didn’t ask me to be his anybody; I made it so in my head. I figured that if I kept on with all the affection I was giving him, somehow he’ll come to and reciprocate. Figuring to salvage something from this whole experience, I went as far as to put up a front and spin the story to save face, my pride, and my poor heart.

All I did was humiliate myself in the end.

2 comments:

Tuffie said...

so when are we going to visit Brett in Chicago???

o_O

Basilio Bocalan said...

i hate you....so much right now!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah


FRIENDSHIP!