Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Something to Remember (Geoff)

Reeling from my last relationship, I found myself in the company of a man who made our complicated “situation” seem so simple.

He’s been in a relationship for 6 years that died a week after it had started. I guess what drew us to each other was our yearning for a little happiness from our personal lives. It was more than just carnal lust, it was more than just a tryst, it was more than just to have someone to sympathize with.

Our relationship, if you’d call it that, was uncomplicated in a way that there was no confusion in what we were doing. The need for companionship in every possible context. It was very physical, and deeply emotional. I was revived after months of stagnant existence.

Our affair went on just long enough for us to realize that what we’ve needed and wanted all along we found in each other in order to heal, and now we’re hitting that point in which we have to do an about face and walk on our lives separately, or cross over the line that ensnares the heart and would begin to undo the good we’ve done for each other.

Am I ashamed of what I had done? Is he? It’s a definite no for both parties. I slept and had coveted a “married” man there’s nothing clearer than that. But how did it feel so right when clearly it was wrong? It is sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along.

We probably lied to ourselves about not falling in love…I guess it had to be that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. I'm sorry for your complicated situation.

Basilio Bocalan said...

It's in the past. ^_^
Lesson learned.

Unknown said...

hey hun, it's tough when you fall for a "taken" person. But in the end, you did the right thing, which is not easy to do!