Wednesday, May 14, 2008

If I had the chance...

to talk to myself, it would pretty much be done the way this song goes.

I've heard several covers of this song, but none has the same sound of conviction in delivery as done by it's originator, Miss Annie Lennox. The song was her fist single from her debut album, Diva back in 92.

Annie said in an interview that the song was about her going solo. I would think it details the kind of conversation/debate/fight she had with her band mate/s. Who knows really.

At a time when my world was bleak and severely depressing, I listened to this song and imagined it as if there were two of me, and one was talking to the other in dialog. My disappointments, my fight with myself, my wanting to be the person I used to be and save myself from whatever destructive path I was taking my own self to.

Here's "Why".

No comments: