Thursday, May 15, 2008

In celebration...

of California Supreme Courts ruling over the issue of same-sex marriage, I offer this wonderful song that has been a gay anthem for most.

This was released back in 86 as Cyndi Lauper's first single to her second album of the same title. The song has become a legendary anthem for the gay community, as well as human rights in general. The song promotes love for one's self and confidence. The song was used as Miss Lauper's marquee for her concert tour in 2007 for the Human Rights Campaign promoting gay rights. Billy Steinberg (one of the song's composers) originally wrote True Colors about his own mother. Phil Collins covered the song, as well as a host of other artists.

In my opinion, marriage is an issue between you and your church, not the government's. I for one could care less about getting married, but I do have qualms about not being given the same rights that married couples get when it comes to me and my partner. Keep your marriage, but give us our rights. But that's my own opinion.

For your listening pleasure, I give you "True Colors"

2 comments:

Tuffie said...

wow, you really are gay

:)

o_O

PS
i told chad we should move to CA now that we can get married there.
woot woot!

ArrBee said...

One day I hope to be in that position.