Friday, June 13, 2008

Vanity has got to be...

my most favorite sin of all! Up there, right before gluttony cause this boy can eat! (shut it, Tuffie, this isn't open for commentary)

My vanity however is all internalized. I believe that whatever is within will reflect eventually on the outside. Meaning if you see yourself as beautiful and love yourself unconditionally, it will show on the outside as well.

This blog is about the songs that makes me feel good. Songs that I have on my iPod or car that gives me good vibes through out the day.

When I first get up in the morning, I scratch my underwear down from whatever nether regions it has reached, smack my mouth a few times, look at myself in the mirror and say, "Good morning sunshine!" It's always pleasant to see one's self in the morning before your eyes have had time to really wake up and focus in on that pimple that seem to have grown over night, or the fact that your lips are chapped like crazy. As I begin my routine I listen to this wonderful song by K.T. Tunstall released in 05 as her third single to her debut album "Eye to the Telescope". It's refreshing, it has a nice message, and upbeat enough as to not be so abrasive to the ears so early in the morning. You'll feel just like one of the models from The Devil Wears Prada where this song was featured, and just like them you'll be saying "Suddenly I See".



After you've gotten ready for work, step out into the sunlight (or rain clouds as it is here in Seattle) hop into your car, ride metro, or just strut yourself to this song by Jet released in 03 from their "Get Born" album. It's upbeat, and gets the blood flowing. Imagine yourself being oogled at and given stolen glances as you act oblivious to the fact that many are asking "Are You Gonna Be My Girl".



And as the work day ends you find yourself migrating to the nearest gym, as many health conscious gay men do, to try and squeeze in some all too important body sculpting exercise and weight lifting. As you finish off your whole set with a stroll on the elliptical machine, try this song for size originally released by Elvis back in 69 for his last feature film "Change of Habit". The song was refreshed by the wonderful Paul Oakenfold for an 03 release which got considerable airplay as the token song for one of Toyota's ads. The song is within a good tempo to pace yourself on, and as you clench the buttocks for all to see, there will be considerable "Rubberneckin'" (p.s. and just for you, I'm placing two versions for you to chose to stride to, with the first one being the Oakenfold mix)





You end the day and begin the night as you prepare yourself for a night of gal abashing around with friends. Tossing around many of your outfits amongst each other to see which one will be the one for the evening. You pass around the booze and shots as a pre-game, glancing at the mirror as you fix yourself up, and blasting this on the radio by the fab and glam Republica released back in 96. The song was their biggest hit to date. Check yourself once more in the mirror, straighten out that shirt, check out your ass and proclaim to the rest of the hoochies outside that baby, I'm "Ready to Go" (British Version)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post!

Basilio Bocalan said...

thanks DV!!!

^_^